Seasonal Home Decor Is A Great Fall Selling Aid
Today is officially the first day of fall, heralding one of the most colorful times of the year in many homes.
Seasonal decoration is never more attractive than right now and, if you're planning to list in what looks like being an unusually busy autumn of the year, it can also be an extremely effective selling aid.
There really isn't another season that offers quite the opportunities that fall decorating does.
Fall's beautiful color schemes help to make any home look at its very best and most welcoming.
And this means that both your external and internal decor can create such a warm feeling to your home.
Of course once Thanksgiving has been and gone, then the emphasis turns to Christmas and its more regimented stylings. For at least the next couple of months, however, there are great opportunities to create a very individual look that hits exactly the right seasonal note.
Here are some ways to be creative :
- Pumpkins, squashes and gourds offer so many great possibilities for autumnal motifs both indoors and outdoors.
- Fall floral/leaf decorations and wreaths create such effective room accents and focal points.
- Copper is a popular seasonal material and pails etc. are a fantastic way to present your flower/leaf arrangements.
- Fall themed dining tables, full of yellow, orange, red hues and green/copper/gold accents create a very special style.
- Your front porch is a potentially fabulous canvas for fall decor.
- Plaid furniture accessories/throws can offer another wonderful seasonal hint.
Essentially, the goal should be to create a friendly feeling of warmth and it's a superb way to show your rooms off to their very best advantage.
Presentation of your home is always critical, but if you make the right decor decisions in the coming weeks, you'll be taking advantage of a relatively small window of time in the annual real estate cycle when it's arguably easiest to elevate appearances.
As ever, we're delighted to offer staging advice based on our 20 years plus of market leading experience in the Coronado area. Why not call us at 619-886-0175.